It’s a known fact that most celebrity marriages don’t last, so stars like Neil Diamond have decided to shift their love interest to women who are not in the spotlight but could work behind the scenes. Of the three women, the legendary singer has married so far, none has as much fame as he enjoys. One of these women is the beautiful Marcia Murphey. Although she worked as a television producer, Marcia was unpopular until she married Neil Diamond and became his second wife. Their marriage lasted and ended as his longest and probably the most discussed, although they were later divorced. To this day even Neil Diamond has not stopped being proud of her.
Just in case you don’t know Neil Diamond, he is a cult American singer and songwriter, and an actor with 38 chart-topping and commercially successful hits. His songs have earned him a number of awards and his name have been inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.
Marcia Murphey’s Bio
Much to the frustration of the media, Neil Diamond’s former wife prefers to share less information about herself with the public. Therefore there is no information about her date of birth, her parents, her family, her siblings and her early life. The only information that can be confirmed about the producer is that she was born and raised in the United States. Therefore no one knows the details of her education and the type of certificate she received. However, there are obvious signs that Marcia Murphey is well educated, especially for the fact that she has pursued a career in media production. Nor do we know the name of the university she attended, but it is obvious that she has attended perhaps one of the best universities in the United States. As for her career, there is no record of her professional achievements. The only information available in this regard is that she met her lover Neil Diamond while working as a production assistant.
Marcia Murphey’s family: children, ex-husband Neil Diamond
As Neil Diamond’s music career began to grow rapidly, he met and fell in love with Marcia Murphey, a production assistant. The only problem at that time was that he was still married to Jaye Posner, his first wife, for whom he had developed a schoolboy crush on during her college years. Nevertheless, his romance with Marcia blossomed. His first marriage, which began in 1963, broke up in 1967 after he fathered two children named Marjorie and Elyn. So it quickly worked out between Marcia and Neil and in December 1969 they got married. Their marriage also produced two children; sons named Jessie, born in 1970 and Micah, born in 1978. The family lived in their Malibu Beach home at the time. In 1994, after twenty-five years and two children, their marriage ended due to irreconcilable differences.
Neil Diamond was born and raised primarily in Brooklyn, New York. He was born on January 24, 1941, to Jewish parents. The musical genius has been in the music business for over four decades and has been singing professionally since 1962. Considered one of the most successful musicians of all time, Neil Diamond’s current net worth is estimated at $175 million, mostly from his music career. This is not surprising when you know that all his albums are commercially successful, with over 100 million copies sold worldwide. To date, he has about 34 studio albums, including 38 top 40 hit singles.
Interesting facts about Neil Diamond’s ex-wife
1. Marcia Murphey’s divorce from her ex-husband Neil Diamond made her a multimillionaire. She received a whopping $150 million in divorce – almost half of Neil’s fortune. It is said to have been one of the largest millionaire divorces in history. Shockingly, Neil Diamond wasn’t angry about the large amount he had to pay. Although he exposed this without revealing the actual amount, he believes his ex-wife earned what she got and wished her all the happiness that can be bought with such an amount.
2) Marcia Murphey has left the dating circuit since her divorce from Neil Diamond and does not seem willing to start a new relationship. Meanwhile, her ex-husband Neil Diamond has already found another woman named Katie McNeil and although their age difference is quite large, they have been married since 2012.
3. Marcia is a volunteer with the American Civil Liberties Union.
4. during Marcia’s marriage to the famous musician, she once turned down a job offer so that she could have her second child, Micah – a decision of which she is very proud.
5. Marcia Murphey is the grandmother of a lovely boy named Elijah. The little boy is the child of her first son with Neil named Jessie.