Despite a harsh childhood, Ozuna has mastered his challenges, paved his way to fame, and achieved remarkable success in the music industry. The urban artist is further proof of the current Latin pop fluidity. From Reggaeton to Latin Trap to Bachata, Ozuna has captivated his fans as he does equal justice to all these genres. Discover lesser-known facts about the talented and prolific star who is one of the latest waves of urban artists to emerge from Latin America.
Ozuna Bio & Age
Jan Carlos Ozuna Rosado was born on 13 March 1992. The Puerto Rican reggaeton star from San Juan is of Dominican origin through his father and Puerto Rican through his mother. Ozuna Rosado had a difficult childhood as he lost his father at the age of three. His father, a former professional dancer, was fatally shot and his death plunged his family into immeasurable hardship. His mother, Yomary Rosado Marrero, fought for her life, and so the singer was mainly raised by his paternal grandmother. There is little information about the singer’s educational background, but it is common knowledge that he graduated from college in New York City.
Ozuna’s musical inclinations were evident early on. He started making music as a teenager. In 2010 the singer moved to New York and stayed in the city for three years. During his stay in New York, Ozuna debuted as a singer with his 2012 song Imaginando, and later returned to his hometown of San Juan and began to focus primarily on his musical career. While working with Musicologo & Menes, he gradually gained popularity and within a short period of time achieved remarkable success.
The reggaeton star signed a record deal with Golden Family Records in 2014 and began uploading his songs to YouTube. That year, Ozuna dropped the song Si No Te Quiere with rapper D.OZi. The song was a huge commercial success in Latin America and quickly brought Ozuna fame. By 2015, the singer could boast amazing performances in over 300 shows in Puerto Rico.
2016 was a big year for Ozuna. After their hit single La Ocasión, which featured several stars including De La Ghetto, DJ Luian, Arcángel, Mambo Kingz, and Anuel AA, Ozuna dropped the No Quiere Enamorarse remix with Daddy Yankee in March. The song was a huge hit and earned Ozuna over 80 million hits on its YouTube channel. The Boricua singer’s biggest hit to date was later released towards the end of 2016. Dile Que Tú Me Quieres not only surpassed its predecessors in commercial success but also topped the Billboard charts. Ozuna quickly followed with two more singles, Si Tu Marido No Te Quiere Remix and En La Intimidad.
The sound artist finally released his first studio album Odisea in 2017. In particular, the song Te Vas was the album’s biggest title, after reaching millions of viewers on social media. In the same year, Ozuna released other singles, including Dile Que Tu Me Quieres (remix), Tu Foto, Se Preparó, and Despues de las 12, which were also viral hits and top chart positions. In 2017, Ozuna continued to record successful collaborations, including Escápate Conmigo with Wisin, La Rompe Corazones with Daddy Yankee, La Modelo with Cardi B, and Ahora Dice with J. Balvin, Arcángel & Chris Jeday. The reggaeton star’s second album, Aura, was released in August 2018 to critical acclaim. His third album Nibiru has a release date of 2019.
Besides his musical career, Ozuna has other merits in the entertainment industry. He caught the actor’s mistake and made his debut as an actor in the movie Que Leon. On television, Ozuna appeared in the Spanish drama series Hermanos en la clandestine ad. In addition, the singer appeared in a Puerto Rican special edition of The Tonight Show starring Jimmy Fallon and in television commercials for top brands such as Toyota.
Ozuna’s remarkable musical success has been recognized at various levels of the industry. For example, he received the award for the best breakthrough artist at the Premios Juventud 2017. In 2018, he was named the world’s most-watched artist on YouTube and won the award for Best New Latin Artist at the iHeartRadio Music Awards. In 2019, Ozuna won three Billboard Music Awards and eleven Billboard Latin Music Awards, including the Artist of the Year award.
Who Is Ozuna Wife or Is He Gay?
Jan Carlos Ozuna Rosado is happily married to his daughter-in-law Taina Marie Meléndez. There is little information about the couple’s romance from the beginning and the date of the wedding. In the meantime, however, Ozuna and Taina have expanded their family and are proud parents of two children – a daughter, Sofia Ozuna Meléndez, and a son, Jacob Andres Ozuna Meléndez.
The couple has been relatively private about the details of their personal lives. However, it is safe to say that they have found true love in each other’s arms and are living their best lives to date. In fact, Ozuna seems to have strong family values as he has publicly declared his intention to be in the spotlight for only a few more years before retiring from public life to spend more time with his family. Interestingly, the singer’s sexuality has raised eyebrows in some circles, but his relationship status and history should be a hint of the obvious.
The Puerto Rican singer has special physical characteristics. Although Ozuna is neither the biggest nor the smallest celebrity favorite, the dreaded singer stands at an average height of 1.65 meters and weighs about 65 kg. Further details about his body measurements are not available at the moment.
Facts About The Singer
1. Not many people are aware that Ozuna performed under the stage name “J Oz” earlier in his career. The singer, who considers himself a typical Boricua with Dominican blood, changed it later and adopted one of his middle names instead.
2. In 2017 Jan Carlos Ozuna Rosado became involved in an extortion controversy. The singer fell victim to a blackmail scheme involving a raunchy video of him when he was a minor. In the blackmail plan, which was reported to both the FBI and Miami police, the trap singer Kevin Fret claimed to possess an intimate video of 16-year-old Ozuna performing a sexual act for which Fret demanded money to keep him out of public view. Ozuna, who eventually paid Fret $50,000 before reporting to the FBI, publicly apologized later in 2019. The municipal artist not only apologized but condemned the act while admitting that the video was the product of a youthful mistake fuelled by ignorance.
3. The reggaeton star considers Romeo Santos his favorite singer. According to Ozuna, he looks up to the Dominican-American bachata star because he makes ecstatic music. Rosado also counts Drake and Rihanna among his inspirations because they can easily move between styles.
4. Ozuna’s exact salary has not been disclosed, but he has a net worth that currently stand at $3 million, a figure that is expected to increase significantly in the near future given his many works in the pipeline.
5. The musician owes much of his fame to the influence of social media. In addition to his YouTube channel, the singer has gathered millions of fans on other popular social networking sites. Fans can connect to Ozuna through his Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter accounts.
6. The Puerto Rican star is one of the celebrities who spend their fortunes on philanthropy. Among other things, he founded the charity Odisea Children in 2017.